Who says it's boring to stuff your gift into a paper bag and give it to someone? Not if you make one from scratch!
My new video shows how to create a cute handmade paper bag from a sheet of paper and decorate it with paper plum blossom flowers. This is a perfect gift wrapping idea for small and odd-shaped gifts.
Materials and Tools:
- Decorative Paper (For making a paper bag) - Most gift wrap papers & decorative sheets are suitable for making a paper bag. It is a good idea to select the paper comparison to a gift you are stuffing in. for heavier gift, you might want to choose more durable and thicker paper. (Paper used in the video: Kyosei Momi Washi Paper from Celebrations Store)
- Decorative Paper (For making plum blossom flowers) - Any decorative & art papers are suitable for making plum flowers. (Paper used in the video: Kyosei Momi Washi Paper from Celebrations Store)
What is Kyosei Momi Washi?
It is one of the most durable and thick washi papers. Click here for more info.
- Color Paper (For making centers of plum blossom flowers) - Most decorative papers, color papers and card stock papers are suitable as long as they are not too thick. It's easier to make fringe and roll if the paper is medium to thiner.
- Ribbon (For making handles)
- Gold glitter (Martha Stewart Florentine Gold Glitter was used in the video - listed below)
- Liquid Glue (Mod Podge was used in the video - listed below)
- Pen (For marking lines)
- Glue Gun
- Clear Tape
- Craft Knife (X-ACTO Knife)
- Hole Punch
- Cutting Mat
- Double Sided Tape